Monday, June 9, 2008

CIOR 7,8

Yesterday we were entered into a o-ring race at the Montreal Olympic Park. It was a race that was organized by a civilian o-ring club here in montreal. It was a staggered start so as people showed up you got your map and off you went. The race was 7.4 km and I think I did it in 1hrs 17 mins. I was pretty happy with that considering the 3rd point I kinda screwed up on. I had to back track and get my place again. The hardest part for me is judging the distance from the map to the ground.

It was freaking hot yesterday. The weather man said it was 35 degrees. I think he was right. Very difficult to run in that heat seeing as it was only the second day of such high temps. I am not used to it yet. It will be hot in Turkey so I guess I have to just suck it up.

After the race we had lunch in the park and we continued to practice our skills. The o-ring coach gave us maps to complete that were quite fun. One was a photo map. We had to run all over the place. The Olympic village, the Olympic arena, side streets and various parks surrounding the olympic park. People must have thought we were crazy running around like crazy people with maps and compasses all day long.

By the end of the day I was walking about 50m and running 50m. My lungs were not the issue, it was my legs they were smoked.

Today is our day off and I am just relaxing. I will do my laundry and lay in my bed. I got up at 0730 for breakfast but it was closed by the time I got there. I will have to go somewhere else for some grub.

No comments:

Post a Comment