Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 1 at CIOR

It appears that I will have intermitent access to the internet here. That is a good thing.

Last night after a 8.5 hr drive I finally made it to Camp St. Jean in Quebec. I got signed in and gien my room key and meal card. I unpacked then had a snack and went to bed. I slept like shit. No Amy, new bed, strange place, and a big day coming up.

This morning we met to discuss what CIOR, what to expect from the training, and then we did a few tests. Max pull ups, max sit ups, max push ups and VO2 max test.

I finally learned what CIOR is. It is the Warriors Challenge. It is a series of physical tests that are designed to be the ultimate test of being combat ready. From the video we saw of past challenges it does look hard and fun.

AM
Pull ups = 22 (fat bar that killed my grip)
Sit ups in 2 mins = 72
Push ups in 2 mins = 106
VO2 max = Level 15 (whatever that means) I was sucking wind.

Then in the afternoon we had some lessons on the rifle and 9mm. The coach for the shooting is the Quebec SWAT Teams instructor.

PM
To finish the day we ran the 800m

800m = 2:34

Off to bed and get ready for tomorrows day at the range and obstacle course. Oh and then 1.5 hrs in the pool.

3 comments:

  1. How are you stacking up against the other guys? Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Steve-o.

    Chris G

    ReplyDelete