Monday, May 12, 2008

400m Squats

CFWU x 2 (15 Reps of each)

4 rounds for time of:

50 squats
Run 400 meters

12:53

This was painful. I experienced extreme muscle cramps around the 10 min mark. I was on my way to beating my PR but then cramps. This is the second time I have ever gotten cramps while doing a WOD since I started.

I have no idea why. The cramps were 4 fingers to the right of my zyphoid. I was doubled over on pain. It hurt to breathe.

Can anyone offer suggestions?

I haven't done anything that would explain this. I haven't done anything different I haven't done in the past.

1 comment:

  1. hey steve, you've been on a tear lately! the navy seals WODs are hardcore.

    i can relate to your cramping. I cramped up on michael a few months back and i was done after that.

    it's only happened once and i think it was because i was outside running in 32 degree weather and then came back in the garage for the situps and back extensions. so the extreme change in temperature probably had a role in my cramping.

    i've done this squat/400m workout before and it's a killer. the description of where your cramps were could be from sore abdominals?

    I also get them if I'm not sufficiently warmed up or am breathing from "the top" of my lungs vs. belly breathing.

    ReplyDelete