Monday, July 7, 2008

Busy few days.

The last few days have been filled with excitment and adventure. They have also been filled with pain and punishment at the hands of the obstacle courses.

The schedule has been very similar to that of Quebec. Mornings are the ranges and the afternoons are for the O courses.

A few days ago I cracked my knee again on the land O and was unable to complete the days training. I thought it best for me to just rest it and not push it. We were almost finished so not much missed.

The Water O is a good one. Pretty fast and fun. Nothing to report on the course itself. However, I was fortunate enough to have been taken to the hospital as an over precaution. On the water O I took a hunck of skin off my nose and was bleeding pretty bad. The Dr. saw all the blood and quickly loaded me into the ambulance. Off to the hospital. The hospital was different then back home. Not nearly as clean. I was given some ice to put on it and a massive bandage. I looked like Rocky after fighting Apollo.

Once back at the pool I was all set to get back to training but while every country was busy laughing at my bandage I had to sit on the sideline and just watch. I was a little upset but no big deal.

Today we went to a forest about 1.5 hours away for some orienteering practice. There are these long vines that grow in the forest that are like rose stems. Very sharp and painful. Everyone has cuts and scrapes all over from them.

We were warned heavily about the ticks here so this morning we all douched ourselves in bug juice to prevent anything from happening. No such luck. I had three ticks on me at the end of the day. You could see everyone checking each other over for the little bastards. I hope that I got them all off me.

Break down for the last few days:

Pool: 3:00hrs
Land O: 3:00hrs
Orienteering: 6:00hrs
Running: 2:00hrs

Off to dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment