Thursday, July 17, 2008

Home Sweet Home (little running)


I am finally home. Instanbul was nice to visit for the first 2 days and then it was time to come home.

I haven't posted for some time now due to lack of resources. Now that I am home I should be able to regularly post again. I have missed posting to the blog.

First of all an update from Turkey. The team I was on did quite well in everything except the shooting. There are a number of reasons for that but I think the single most important one was nerves. During the pistol shoot I made some rookie mistakes that caused us to lose some important points.

The Land O and Water O we kicked ass. I was the slowest on the team for the land O however in my defence the two other guys were only 22 years old. They are both amazing athletes and I was privledged to be on their team. The land O our time was 3:11 and on the water O our time was :45. Both great times.

The Orienteering was another awesome time. 2:16 to travel 15km while trying to navigate over unknown terrain. Derrick did a great job getting us around the bush.

Overall we were 4th in our division. Very happy with that performance.

Once I arrived home I went for a run. I have really begun to enjoy running. I went for 1:10. Distance unknown.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back home! Steve, sounds like you had a good time and did well. Above all, congratulations on setting the goal of making CIOR, training for selection, making the team, traveling to Turkey and getting 4th. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete