Monday, February 16, 2009

9 Fight chivalrously against an honourable foe; fifth columnists and civilian snipers deserve no quarter.

Squat
5x45
5x135
5x225
5x285
5x295
5x315

Bench
5x45
5x95
5x135
5x225
5x235
5x245

Deadlift
5x135
5x225
5x315
5x385 (did 3 reps took a few breathes and did the last 2 reps)

I did a great warm up this afternoon. The one that I posted last week. I find that it gets my breathing up and body warm but does not tire me. I will modify as needed.

At 2pm I was trying to think of any and every reason as to why I should go to the gym this afternoon. Once again this trusty blog of mine forced me into the gym. Thank you blog for keeping me motivated after over 2 years of posting here.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Herm Albright

5 comments:

  1. This is serious weight. BS 315x5 is huge as is 385x5 on the deads. Even at 190lbs, this is big weight. What do you think your 1RM is? When are you going to do the CFT and see how much strength you have gained on this program? You are getting seriously strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pat,

    I am enjoying this SS stuff. I read today on another Blog about crossfit and why we should all be doing GPP or something to that effect. I would agree with that for the most part. However, I am enjoying what I am doing and why stop doing something that I like? I know in the long term I would have to get back to it (crossfit) but for now and the near future I will stick to what I am doing.

    I have never done a CFT so I am not too sure how good of a gauge it will be. I have no idea what a 1RM would be. I don't know what the relationship between 1RM and 5RM is. I guess I will have to test this out. Maybe in a few weeks I will give it a go.

    Thanks Pat for the continued interest and support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve,

    The biggest training goals come when we enjoy what we are doing. Enjoying our train motivates us to live a lifestyle (diet, sleep, play) that supports that training. You are definitely on a "SS Wave", ride that wave until the tide changes. When it does, CF, endur running, CFOR, whatever will be there and so will motivation to live the lifestyle to support those goals. Good luck my strong friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you do go back to CF WODs, you are going to be a BEAST!

    This is some serious linear progression.

    ReplyDelete