Wednesday, February 18, 2009

With your eyes open, keyed up to the highest pitch, agile as a greyhound, tough as leather, hard as steel, you will be the embodiment of a Canadian Paratrooper.

Squat
5x135
5x225
5x275
5x295
5x305
5x310
Press
5x45
5x95
5x115
5x135
5x135
5x135

Cleans
5x45
5x95
5x135
5x175
5x175
5x175

Today was a hard day. On the squats I did not get below parallel on rep
5 of the last set. Nearly bailed. Presses were a challenge at 135. I
wanted to go up some weight but no go! Cleans I felt like I was missing
the third pull. Like I wasn't getting the humph out of it as I should
be. Stayed at 175.


"Never whistle with a mouth full of jelly"

3 comments:

  1. This looks like the first day you stalled, still heavy weight. Good call to stay at these weights. Rest-up my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel like I "stalled". I think that Mondays are my day. The rest of the week is a combo of form and recovery. 2 days rest really makes me feel good 1 day is not enough to get over the pain on the previous lift.

    I think that maxing Mondays and spending Wed and Fri focusing on form and tech is what will be good for me.

    What are the thoughts on weight belts in general?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are weight belts are pretty much the same as Ripetoe's. They are a useful tool that when used properly can allow better training.

    I will be 36 this year and have enjoyed an active life (10 year military, ruck marches, airborne, I have also done a lot of cycling). I have hurt my lower back in the past and I am very concerned about my lower back health. A belt is one way, along with strecthing, proper form, etc for me to promote a healthy lower back for me.

    There are those that say...well they are not functional, or when you are truely faced with the unknown or unknowable , you will not have the belt on. True, but taking care of my lower back in training will only make me more prepared for the unkown and the unknowable when I am confronted with it.

    Finally, they are legal for the CFT (per the rules), legal in all power lifting meets (even Raw meets), legal in Olifting meets, and legal in GS.

    ReplyDelete