Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This post is the best one yet!


Squat

5x45

5x135

5x225

5x315

5x320

5x320 (4,1)


Bench

5x135

5x175

5x205

5x225

5x225

5x225 (2,1,1,1) Brutal


Deadlift

5x135

5x225

5x315

5x365


Starting week 6 and I have made some big gains up until now. It appears as though things may be slowing down a bit. I get the feeling that I have reached the potential of the initial training and now the hard work begins on increasing numbers. I do think I'll be able to continue to make gains. Although my improvements will be very much smaller and less frequent.


Nothing is different today then other days except Amy and I went to the show (Slumdog Millionaire) and I was up late so not the regular sleep. Also not much time today to get all my food requirements. That may play a factor but not as much as getting to the end of the easy gains.


1 comment:

  1. Steve,

    Continuing to increase weight on a workout to workout basis is the mark of a novice lifter. Most who goes back to a structured strength program from a GPP program (CF) or working out intermittently are going to be a novice for a bit. When do you expect to go out of the novice category? I would bet it would be about now. This is based on your previous strength levels and that you already had pretty good overall strength prior to SS. No worries, just plan on making linear gains on a weekly or monthly basis. In fact, I think this what you are doing with a Monday heavy, new weight day, WED and FRI technique days.

    It is cool to see you develop a little with your programming, making SS continue to work for you, but at the same time, you programming reflects moving out of the novice stage (SS, linear gains from workout to workout) to plotting gains on a weekly basis. It is like this Ripetoe really knows what he is talking about.

    ReplyDelete