Thursday, November 13, 2008

Angie .5

CFWU x 1

.5 Angie
50 Pull ups
50 Push ups
50 Sit ups
50 Squats

5:58

Today I wanted to test the knee. It has been feeling better with only
mild discomfort after working out. I think the level of activity today
was at the threshold of comfort/intensity. My lungs were definitely
feeling it today. I it is obvious to me that I have been out of touch
with fitness for the last few months.

Today I was reading on the CF website a thread about "the truth about
Crossfit" written by someone at T-nation. There was some great ideas
and acceptance by most of the CF cult. However, Coach himself got into
the mix and was like a rabid dog. There are very few times that I have
read his posts where he goes off on someone for their lack of
understanding, experience, education, etc... I was confused as to how to
take it. It was funny and I liked the conflict of Coach defending is
system. I think though that coach only posts when he is having a bad
day and uses the forum to vent his frustrations.

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=38880

If you care to read!

1 comment:

  1. I think coach is just in his points...that article was poorly researched and argued. I don't know what they do on that site but it looks like they push supplements and put up pictures of muscle heads to sell. I would like to see them fully research crossfit and go to a cert and then hear some more arguments.

    Although, he is right in the end...crossfit isn't for everyone...to each their own ... but do your research and experience it before you put it down.

    ReplyDelete