Monday, January 26, 2009

3 Be shy of speech and incorruptible. The strong act, the weak chatter; chatter will bring you to the grave.

Squat
45x5
95x5
135x5
280x5
285x5
290x5

Bench
45x5
95x5
135x5
225x5
230x5
235x5

Deadlift
95x5
135x5
285x5
315x5
355x5

Felt good today. I can really feel the benefit of the weekend rest periods. Still about 192lbs. Pants are a little tight in the ass and feeling generally slow. My Bro and I went skiing yesterday and I was really feeling it in my hips.

I guess that is life. Once I finish 3 months of this and get back to Metcon it will all come back to me.

2 comments:

  1. Strong lifts!. You are at my PRs in bench and DL, my squat 5RM is 295. Your strenght gains are impressive. It sounds like you are not gaining weight, but "redistributing it"

    How was skiing? Downhill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words! Keep in mind that I am 30 pounds heavier then you as well. I have a ways to go to catch up to you again.

    The skiing was a lot of fun. Only the second time this year so still a little sticky. Trying to learn proper technique so I can ski better. We cross-countried skied. I do downhill though. Just not very often.

    Redistributing is a good word for it. To paraphrase Rip "who cares what you look like if you can't lift shit!" That is what I tell myself as I am pouring myself into my work pants.

    ReplyDelete