Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Damn you Mushroom and Cheese Quiche! NASCAR is just Cool!

CFWU x 1
"Danny"
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
30 Box Jump (20″)
20 Push Press (M=115lb)
30 Pull-up
3 + 30 + 20 + 10

That sucked. I think that was one of the more difficult WODs I have done for some time.

Why NASCAR is Awesome!

Fights in hockey are cool. Touchdowns are fun to watch. A great dunk is spectacular. However, it is only one aspect of the competition. Crashes are great to watch there is so much more then that. Nascar has a culture that faithfully follows it week in and week out. While I have only just started to enjoy it I am interested in all the aspects of the sport, how the Crew Chief has a strategy and the pit crew follows it. If the crew makes a mistake it can cause them to lose the race. I like when the drivers on the same team help each other out by drafting and other things that I don't quite get yet.

In a Nascar race there are so many variables that have to be taken into consideration. The track, the driver, the weather, the car, tires, luck…. It is not just as simple as who has the fastest car will win. While that does help it does not mean very much in the big picture. As Ricky Bobby so eloquently put "Help me Jesus. Help me Jewish God. Help me Allah. Help me Tom Cruise. Use your witchcraft on me!" (thanks Sean for that quote)

One of the greatest things I like about Nascar are the sounds. I love to crank up the surround sound and just hear the cars screaming by at 200 mph. The cameras have improved over the years so that there are so many interesting points of view to watch.

All that and it is relatively safe. Take the crash I posted yesterday. The guy got out and ran across the finish line. That is freaking cool.

True I am very new to this and have a lot to learn. Oh, I like Golf too.

No comments:

Post a Comment