Thursday, April 23, 2009

I think that Blackberry's are freaking awesome!

On the advice of Pat I tried a www.maxfitusa.com WOD.
AQAP:
45 Thrusters (M=95lb/W=65lb)
45 Pull-up
7:01

The first 21 of the thrusters were completed in under 1:30 min. I was
happy with the speed of the thrusters to that point. Then... 3:00 mins
for the remainder. The pulls were dismal as well. Which is odd for me
because I thought that I would hit those hard and be okay.
"Excuse" warning!
The gym I frequent has run out of chalk. So the bar was slippery for
the thrusters plus the pull up bar was almost impossible to hold on to.
To fix this I tried to hold on to paper towels while I did the pull ups.
That was better but far from the effects that chalk produces.

Recently I have upgraded my phone to a Blackberry Curve. I think that
this device just about the coolest thing ever. I am happy with it for
the following reasons:
1. It makes calls
2. It receives calls
3. I can create and send emails
4. I can post to my blog with it
5. It is my alarm clock
6. I can waste an enormous amount of time playing with the settings to
"tweak" it
7. It sync's to my iTunes playlists
8. It has a fairly decent camera
9. It has an icon that tells me the weather both long and short term
10. It has GPS
<<parker and sprinkler.JPG>>
The Daily Parker

5 comments:

  1. Steve, that is a good time. It is basically Fran straight up. I wouldn't be complaining about the time it is good!!

    I'll take you up on that Parker offer. Sometime before we leave for Peru, which is may 8th.

    I'll call you with lots of notice. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a good time too. This is a straight up Fran. Look at how much longer Angie takes then if you just did 10rounds of 10, instead of 100s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Good point Pat.

    Sean come and get him. Do you want a lesson in Parker control or do you just want to live the adventure? Let me know

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are thinking Sunday in the early Afternoon. Does that work? I'll call you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so we couldn't take Parker Sunday, but I still want him for an afternoon before Peru. I'm doing some training on the Blackberry since it is the industry Standard for the Real Estate brokerage I work for. Very cool device. Don't have one yet but hope to soon.

    ReplyDelete