Saturday, May 9, 2009

Yesterdays WOD


How is this for rude nicknames? Little Pigs clean up your shit!
Yesterday was the first PT session with the new trainers. They are very similar to the ones from my previous employer.

We discussed what is fitness and how to avoid injuries. You know the normal stuff that they need to tell you.

Warm ups running around the gym a few times and butt kicks and high knees and such.

The workout was a partner one. While one as doing the excersise portion the other was running. You couldn't stop doing the exersise until your partner returned from the run. A lap was once around the standard size gym.

Set 1
push ups/2 laps
sit ups/2 laps
push ups/2 laps
sit ups/2 laps

Set 2
Medball hold/2 laps
Alternating Lunges/ 2 laps
Medball hold/2 laps
Alternating Lunges/ 2 laps

Set 3
Burpees/2 laps
Dips/2 laps
Burpees/2 laps
Dips/2 laps

Set 4
Front Plank/2 laps
Side Plank/ 2 Laps
Front Plank/2 laps
Side Plank/ 2 Laps

Buyout
4 laps

25:13

My partner and I finished 2nd out of 13 teams. We were stoked. My heart rate was 182bpm. I was crushed. I think my experience with being that tired and still going helped me a lot. There were a lot more fit guys then me shutting'er down too soon.

4 comments:

  1. second??? That means first loser...kidding...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you almost the top dog! "a lot more fit guys then me.." do you think they were more fit, or did they just look "more fit". You are built in, more then built on...take care,

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it can be summarized with "we fail at the margin of our experience."

    I have done more metcon stuff then most here so I know what to expect from myself.

    Does that clear anything up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "We fail at the margins of our experience" is the quote I say to myself over and over and I still do not fully understand.

    I do understand that having "soft" margins and doing well at tasks that you have not trained specifically for...makes you fit. Doing well at tasks you have never done before makes you very fit.

    I think you have "softer" margins and I think how well you do up there in "fitness" is a testiment to how much effort you have put in the last few years at CF and other things.

    Good luck,

    Pat

    ReplyDelete