Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fitness test

Today we were required to complete a fitness test.

Requirements for 100%:
Age 33
37 push ups nose to mat with full extension
73 curl ups (must be done to a cadence)
44 cm Sitting reach
9:20- 1.5 mile run

How I scored:
37
14
31 cm
10:32
Total score 75%

You will note that my curl ups were pathetic. I was not fatigued in any way. I simply was holding too long at the top position and lost the cadence. I was extremely pissed when the lady told me to stop. It was the first time I had ever done this movement and failed to grasp the importance of the cadence. (My instructor was a curl up nazi. The other instructors were much more lenient in their application of the cadence. I was shocked to see people who couldn't do 10 push ups get 60 curl ups.)
Get over it Steve!

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

3 comments:

  1. Then you got a chance to pull 440lbs from the floor right?

    Yeah, I would be crushed about the curl ups too. But, there is always tomorrow. Literally, there is tomorrow, kick ass on the next few workouts and this one will be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha finally something I can beat you at. my best score was 93

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha finally something I can beat you at. my highest score was 93. Of course in a couple months when you do it again I expect you will beat me. but for now I will gloat.

    ReplyDelete