Saturday, December 22, 2007

Non WOD Post

I have been away for some time now. I have been having some pain on the right side of my upper body. My shoulder and arm have been numb for the last 5-6 days in a row. I am gonna take some time off and go to the MIR for a referral to the Chiropractor and Massage therapist. I have never had a pain like this for this long. I really think the rest and medical attention is a good idea. Also being the Christmas time I would not have been too likely to workout anyway.

Merry Christmas to all.

I will post thoughts and stuff while I am away from working out.

3 comments:

  1. Take a rest. Hope your back at it soon. Merry Christmas... enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest, recovery. It sounds like a nerve compression injury, numbness in fingers. Get it checked out and ask about Thoracic outlet syndrome. It is where the blood vessels and nerves to the arm get pinched between clavicle and 1st rib. It is seen in people that do a lot of over head work with their hands, ie. painters and pitchers. Doing a lot of HSPu or presses will do the trick too. This can lead to serious bad stuff. Anyway, for now rest and maybe an MRI. Take care,

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Steve. I hope you shoulder and hands feel better. Get ready to go hard. I need the motivation.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete