Monday, December 17, 2007

Weighted Pull ups & WOD Playlist

CFWU x 3

Weighted pull-ups 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

45-70-80-90-100-110 (fail)-105-105

this is a new PR by 20ish lbs.

Finished with Handstand practice and pull ups. I did about 45 secs of handstands and then 5 pull ups. I did this 6 times. Each time I used a different grip. Did some push ups just for fun and I skipped. Starting to get the double under consistently. It reminded me of the times I would just workout and do the WOD and then a lot of other stuff after just because.

Observations:

Today for lunch I had a bowl of Zone chili with a few whole wheat crackers and 1 liter of water. Why I mention this is because when I was at the gym I was full of energy. I had my music in my ears and I was dancing around like a fool (I was the only one in there). I had a great warm up and thought I would really have a good WOD.

I looked at Pat's blog and saw he had 110lbs. So I was motivated to really get a heavy pull up. And I also tried a new way to hold the weight. Usually I use a backpack. Today I used a weight belt and some 1 inch webbing with a carabiner. It seemed a lot easier to control the weight.

For those who care. Here is my play list for the gym:

Drowning pool- Bodies
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Crossfire
Rammstein - Du Hast
Outcast- Hey Ya
Diddy- Nasty girls
Maverick's - From hell to Paradise
Ludacris- Move bitch
Guttermouth - Can I borrow some ambition
Eminem - Shake that ass for me
Black Eye Peas- Hey Mama
Black Eye Peas - Let's get retarded
AC/DC - It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll
Andrew WK - It's time to Party
Andrew WK - I get wet
Nazareth - Messin' with a son of a Bitch
Dope - Die motherF&%ker
Michael Andrews - Mad World
Beastie Boys - So whatcha want

There is more but too lazy to type them.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the 105. I just barely got 110. I take my weight belt, attach a carbiner to the buckles, then I loop 550 (parachute) cord through plates or KB and then attach the cord to the carabiner. Very secure. Good job on PR. I think we are getting to teh level where we can not expect a PR every workout.

    ReplyDelete