Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cleans


Me on my first Army course in Petawawa. Notice the cigarette in the left hand. My how times change.


Christmas vacation has started for me on Monday past. I have been sitting at home not really doing too much other then going to dancing and putting up Christmas decorations. Leading up to the time off I was looking forward to not having to do anything for 3 weeks. Yes 21 consecutive days off. I do love my job. Well it is only day 3 and I am getting bored.

The greatest part of vacation so far is not having to shave. I love not having to shave each and every morning. I hope that for the next 18 days I will have to opportunity to grow A True Man Beard! I know that 21 days is not long enough but I can always dream.

CFWU x 1


In the warm up I subbed OHS with Snatch with a PVC. I miss the snatch.

Cleans, floor to rack position.
5-5-5-5-5
95,115,125,135,135

This was a fun workout. I haven't done these for a long time. It was nice to get back to them after so long. I am looking towards trying some old WODs and possibly getting back to CFHQ WODs. I will admit that I am a little fearful of them now. Having not followed them for so long it appears to me that they are harder then when I was doing them regularly.

5 comments:

  1. Did you design your site's header, Steve? Have to say it looks great. Well done.

    And I hear you about the CFHQ WODs being harder. It's been my experience that the longer 25+ min chipper workouts don't appear so often, it's shorter, more heavily loaded WODs.

    After taking 4 - 6 months off of them doing the PMENU workouts, I definitely had some apprehension getting back into them, but, it comes back quickly.

    Good job on the cleans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jerry,

    I made the header myself using photo editing software. I wanted to have something that went along the "crazy shit" theme in the title. These photos were all I had to illustrate my idea. I am glad it works. I thought it may seems too much for a header. But I like it.

    I am glad that CFHQ WODs come back quick. They do seem to me more intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve,

    Good luck with the beard. I had a about 10days off and vowed not to shave. After about 4 days I went to see my folks. They said I looked very tired and old. My nephews could not believe it (neither could my mom). My wife let me be, but she did not care for the scratching. I made it about 9 day and shaved. It is a good feeling getting rid of that thing.

    Twight's book is good. Very insightful, much more a book about his philosophy then climbing exploits.

    Enjoy the leave.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on those cleans - that's one of my top five favorites exercises. And yes - it does come back quickly. In my experience with taking time off and trying to get back into it, it goes suckfest/suckfest/suckfest/all of a sudden it's going okay. A few days and you'll be right back into the swing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat,

    The beard is coming along okay. It is getting itchy already. I took a picture today (day 5) and will take one just before I shave. I will post the pitiful results.

    Melissa,

    Cleans are a fun lift. Pretty easy to do but still hard enough. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete