Friday, December 5, 2008

Handstands

Today I went to Forest City Gymnastics and meet with Merritt. She is a gymnastics coach that Dave H introduced me to. We went over what my goals were with respect to handstands and such.

After the initial introductions Merritt had me go inverted. After a short time she saw a few errors that she thought could be easily fixed. A couple of different stretches and some helpful instruction I was inverted again.

After a bit I did some HS's and she would correct me while inverted. As the lesson wore on I began to get a feel of the correct body position. I feel much more comfortable with the HS.

I was only there for about 45 mins but by the end I was sore and tired. My back was on fire. I am excited to go back and learn some more and maybe I will be as good as the 6 year olds that were there. That was embarrassing to watch. These little girls were so good. I was impressed.

Thanks again Merritt and Dave for the introduction.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you are posting again! And good to see some good scores...wish I could say the same but hey...I"m old

    ReplyDelete