Sunday, December 21, 2008

Skating WOD- Mountain Climbers







Today was a fun skating WOD with my 2 nephews Jack and Sam. I was going to do something else but they suggested that I complete a series of skates called mountain climbers. It is a drill that Jack and Sam do at hockey if they are in shit for something. It is a form of punishment for these hockey players. After I said that I would do it they pleaded with me to not try it because it would "kill" me. Hearing that just made me want to try it more. It is complicated so bear with me as I try to explain it.

Start at the goal line - sprint to the first blue line - stop - sprint to the goal line - stop- sprint to the red line- stop- sprint to the goal line - stop- sprint to far blue line - stop - sprint to the far goal line - stop - sprint to the goal line - stop - sprint to the goal line behind the goal to the far blue line - stop- sprint to the original goal line by passing behind the...

Okay this is ridiculous. It is a suicide skate but you use the whole ice surface. You carry on to each line until you reach your original start position. It is a big loop. Then you do the same thing but reverse back.

After I came huffing and puffing back to Jack and Sam they decided to do it. This meant a lot because this is something that they view as torture. So for them to volunteer to do it is a big deal.
Steve (33)
7:42
Sam (11 years old)
6:41
Jack (12 years old)
6:29

No comments:

Post a Comment