Monday, October 1, 2007

Skipping Thrusters and Pull ups

CFWU x 2

3 Rounds for time:

70 Single unders
20 x 25 lbs Dumbbell Thrusters
10 Kipping Pull ups
10:38

As Discussed in my last post this WOD was not for time or max effort. Just to do something.

Practiced TGU with 60lbs
Practiced Handstands for 12 mins


I have started reading The Zone. Quite an interesting read. I am amazed that after eating "zone" for 9 months how little I truly understood. Sure I knew that if I ate 4 blocks of Carbs and 4 Blocks of protein and 4 Blocks of fats good stuff would happen. And it did. I have been very satisfied with the results. Both in fitness and body composition.

By reading this book I have been able to "understand" why and how the body reacts so well to this eating style. I have also been reacquainted with eating in the zone and how I get there. The book has provided me with the tools to continue to improve in my diet.

A couple of other points I would like to discuss. Sleep. I have made the commitment to be in bed by 2100hrs. Last night I was asleep by 2130hrs. I woke once at about 0230hrs when Parker was barking cuz Amy had returned home from work. Straight back to sleep. No tossing no turning. This morning I woke without the aid of an alarm clock. Just woke up and got out of bed ready to face the days challenges. Going to bed early had a couple of side benefits as well. It stopped from having the beer that I typically have after an army weekend. "Hey, Steve we are going to the Wit's for a beer after work. You in?" No thanks. And it stopped me from wanting to eat Peanut Butter. You see me and peanut butter have a special relationship. It sits in the cupboard waiting for me to go to the fridge and get the celery and then pile the PB on. Well not last night Motherf@#ker!
I guess the main thing is with this Cert coming at the end if the month I am feeling like I did back in Jan 07. I have a renewed sense of purpose, dedication, discipline, and eagerness.

P.S. Plan for not meeting my targets! Regular review of goals. If a day gets screwed up, don't stew over it. Recoginise the issues, learn from it, and get back to the plan. Be patient.

3 comments:

  1. It's about progress and not perfection. As you make progress your definition of "ideal" changes and your ideal is always way off in the future...concentrate on your progress and you'll be much happier..... Your ideal will keep you motivated to go further.

    ReplyDelete