Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thank God for rest days

Technology – an invasive serpent


What happened to the good ol’ days?

It is interesting that the cell phone, PDA, and Ipod’s has replaced the newspaper and magazine in the stalls of the office washroom. I remember the days when MacLean’s or Reader’s Digest was thoughtfully left on the back of the toilet for future users to read. I have found myself on more then one occasion in the stall playing an intense game of WSOP while, in the stall beside me someone was checking emails or playing a game themselves.

I find the noise of the buttons being keyed distracting. Using the facilities before the invention of such portable devices one only had the noises of human nature distracting them or maybe even the folding of the newspaper’s pages.

If you are gonna be one of those who chooses to use a portable device to entertain yourself in the office washroom please set your phone to mute. I know I am not the only one with said device so a little courtesy please.

No comments:

Post a Comment